বাংলা | 中文| Français | हिंदी | Indonesia| Português | Русский | Español | Türkçe | اردو
Fellowship applications are now CLOSED. The deadline to apply for the GIJC23 Fellowship was February 28, 2023. Successful fellows will be notified via email by May 1, 2023.
To learn about future fellowship opportunities, be sure to subscribe to GIJN’s fortnightly newsletter.
With the support of our sponsors and partners, the 2023 Global Investigative Journalism Conference is offering more than 150 fellowships to both established and promising journalists in developing and transitioning countries, and for journalists from disenfranchised communities, to participate in this prestigious event. Competition is keen, so you need to convince us that you will make great use of the training that GIJC23 offers.
To stay up-to-date on the fellowships, the global conference, and other opportunities from GIJN, you can subscribe to our email newsletter, the GIJN Bulletin.
- Open to full-time print, online, television, video, radio, documentary, and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries;
- Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus;
- Sorry, Western journalists based overseas are not eligible. For a full list of eligible countries, please check out this link.
Following the conference, fellows are required to either produce a story directly related to #GIJC23 or give a presentation based on the knowledge you gained at #GIJC23 to your colleagues or the journalism community at-large. Detailed guidelines and examples here.
You’ll need a working knowledge of English, as most conference panels and workshops will be conducted in English. Please submit your fellowship application in English.
GIJC23 Fellowship Includes
- Round-trip airfare to Gothenburg, Sweden
- Hotel room for four nights
- Transport between Gothenburg-Landvetter Airport and the conference hotel
- Reception dinner
- Breakfast and lunch on conference days
- Award ceremony dinner
- Conference registration fee
NOTE: The fellowship does not include a per diem, visa fees, or transport to and from your home country airport. This is a training conference, and fellows are expected to pay for these costs.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2023. Successful fellows will be notified via email by May 1, 2023.